We advise our clients on various federal laws affecting consumer lending, including the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, the Truth in Lending Act and Regulation, the Consumer Leasing Act and Regulation, the Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act, the Fair Housing Act, the Truth in Savings Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act. We have a team of highly qualified and experienced professionals, who provide ongoing counseling and litigation representation to a wide variety of financial institutions, including banks, finance companies, thrifts, credit card issuers, mortgage bankers, vendors and retailers. Our consumer financial services regulatory and compliance practice focus on offering strategic legal counsel. Our consumer financial services include:
- Defense of suits purporting to arise under different federal and state laws affecting the consumer financial services industry.
- Regulatory and compliance counsel concerning (i) the offer and sale of loan, insurance and related products; and (ii) personal property financing, leasing and lien enforcement.
- Formal review of consumer lease, loan and insurance forms.
- Limited multi-state projects and surveys to ensure customer compliance with applicable laws.
- Counseling on the purchase, sale or ongoing operations of financial services entities, including due diligence.
- Litigation and counseling support concerning consumer bankruptcies and debt collections.