We represent clients in adversarial tax proceedings, including audit controversies, administrative proceedings and litigation in all judicial forums available to taxpayers. Our highly qualified and experienced attorneys regularly counsel clients on a variety of international, federal, state and local tax matters. From entity formation to corporation restructurings, we provide guidance on the tax consequences specific to corporations and such pass-through entities as limited liability companies, partnerships and S corporations. We monitor new opportunities for deferring or reducing tax liabilities and advise clients on tax compliance matters. Our tax planning attorneys are recognized for their ability to understand the business economics of a transaction and to recommend the most tax-efficient method of implementation. Our attorneys counsel film producers and production companies on a wide variety of legal needs including tax, real estate, contracts, employment, financing, government policy and intellectual property.
Tax planning services include:
- Analyzing the tax consequences and structuring of mergers and acquisitions from the buyer’s and seller’s perspectives.
- Evaluating tax-free reorganization options.
- Structuring joint ventures using partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Drafting sophisticated allocation provisions in partnership agreements.
- Advising subchapter corporations in acquisitions, redemptions and financing transactions.
- Obtaining private letter rulings at both the federal and state levels.
- Planning redemptions, recapitalizations and distributions for corporations.
- Assisting tax-exempt organizations in maintaining and obtaining their exempt status.
- Drafting buy-sell agreements for closely held corporations.
- Drafting and monitoring proposed tax legislation.
- Tax planning for multi-state taxpayers.
- Tax-exempt financings.
- Tax planning related to bankruptcies and workouts.
- International tax planning for individuals and entities.
Tax controversy services include:
- Extensive representation of clients on income, gift, estate and other matters before the Internal Revenue Service in connection with audits and appeals.
- Litigation in all federal and state courts.
- Representation on tax matters before state treasury departments, tax tribunals and other state agencies and courts.
- Property tax appeals.
Counseling Nonprofit Corporations:
Our firm has also extensive experience in counseling a broad range of nonprofit corporations, including large, private local and national foundations, family foundations, and organizations created specifically to support other nonprofit institutions, such as colleges, hospitals, and universities. We advise our clients regarding specialized tax and corporate issues and provide general representation in areas such as employment law and contracts. We also counsel donors and organizations that receive contributions about all aspects of charitable giving. We are experienced in issues relating to the deductibility of contributions and planned-giving techniques, including the creation of charitable remainder trusts.